What is Berkeley Formula Racing?
Berkeley Formula Racing is UC Berkeley's Formula SAE team. We design, fabricate, and compete with small formula-style racecars against other colleges from around the world. The FSAE set of rules is in place to test our engineering skills and creativity. During the competition the vehicles are judged in four different categories: static inspection, engineering design, solo performance trials, and high-performance track endurance. We compete in the Formula SAE Lincoln competition in June each year in Lincoln, NE.
Senior Engine Team Member
- Develop new KTM 350 engine and maintain the previous Swissauto 250 engine.
- Design parts and create engineering drawings for the car and engine dynamometer.
- Responsible for designing intake and exhaust package.
- Drive the team car at test days and competitions, providing vehicle feedback for development.
- Manufacture aluminum and steel parts using lathes and mills from engineering drawings.